Thursday, November 17, 2005

Andrew Weil, M.D., and I Featured on Radio

This past Monday I was featured on KPFA radio on the About Health show with Dr. Michael LeNoir. Andrew Weil, M.D. was featured on the same show the previous week. We were NOT on the show together. But Rachel Grant who interviewed Dr. Weil said that she thought that I was much more personable (that made me grin). She really wanted a copy of my book and wanted to trade Dr. LeNoir for Dr. Weil's new book on aging. To my great surprise and delight Dr. LeNoir wouldn't relinquish my book.

I was also quite pleased to have had the opportunity to be on the show. I had thought that the show was archived on the KPFA website and was going to provide a link but it's now all history except to those who actually got to listen.

What I found out on the show is that NOT EVERYONE knows that tomatoes from the store don't taste good in January. Heck, even my editor/friend Laurie didn't know that the same holds true for eggplant. For that, Laurie got a mention in my book on my story called "Eggplant Around the Globe", one of 37 stories and snippets to be found in The Veggie Queen: Vegetables Get the Royal Treatment, available from my website at www.theveggiequeen.com.

Before the show I told Rachel Grant that one day I hoped to be as "big" as Andrew Weil, yet she advised me otherwise. What I really want is to have my vegetable-eating message reach as many people. So, now to go shop for veggies for tomorrow's Elderhostel class in Healdsburg, CA.

No comments: