Thursday, February 08, 2007

Veggie Queen Mistake: Oprah not Real Simple

In the last newsletter I sent out I wrote that tofu has become more mainstream, appearing in the Real Simple magazine that I spied at my mother in law's house. Well, I was wrong. The magazine that I saw was Oprah, not Real Simple. I know that MIL subscribes to Real Simple and since both magazines are large sized, I got one confused with the other. Please forgive me, I do know the difference but...
The good news is that when tofu is featured in Oprah, I know that it has become more mainstream. That's good.
In a class the other evening I made a tofu dish in the pressure cooker and converted a student into a tofu eater. She said that she really liked it. Now, I've got to tell you that the kind of tofu that you choose will make a difference. My absolute favorite tofu is Small Planet Tofu http://www.smallplanettofu.com but you may not be able to get it where you live. It's available in the west, Alaska and Hawaii. Tofu Phil plans to offer it for online ordering.
I also recommend Wildwood tofu here on the west coast. Look for smaller regional tofu makers
in your area.
Check back for more on tofu -- choosing it and using it.

No comments: