Monday, January 26, 2009

First Light Farm CSA Delivers in Sonoma County

Although I have only met Nathan Boone once I can tell you from my experience with farmers, that he is the real deal. One look at his First Light farm, which wasn't even named when I visited, revealed that his fields are planted and grown from, and with, his heart.

I am pleased to announce that he now has spaces in his CSA and will deliver to Santa Rosa and points beyond. He's looking for people to host drop off points, and if you get 10 people to join his community supported agriculture program, you will get 50% off your membership. IMHO, getting 10 people to do anything, especially if it involves money, is tough.

So, rather than think about the money you could save if you could only get 10 people interested, think about the incredible nutrition that you'll receive by signing up with Nathan at First Light Farm.

There are also other local CSAs such as Tierra Vegetables and Laguna Farm but First Light is the proverbial "new kid on the block" and I want to support Nathan's vision. And quite a vision it is.

Since I eschew CSAs because it doesn't allow me to support many farmers, I won't be signing up. I will still frequent the farmer's market. But if you don't, and have been considering having more fresh vegetables in your life, this might be the solution.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask me jill@theveggiequeen.com or contact Nathan. Eating locally grown food is one of the best things that you can do for yourself and the planet.

No comments: