Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Veggie Queen Shares Vegetable Advice for You

Generally, I don't do a lot of linking to other blogs because I so enjoy writing. Sometimes, though, someone else has written something as well or better than I can. So why reinvent the wheel?

This post was written by Jessica Porter on a blog titled A Grain a Day. You already know that I am into grains but Jessica wrote about vegetables, relating to macrobiotics. I have very strong macro leanings but I am not a full-fledged any-particular-thing. What I choose to eat is my best distillation of the wisdom I possess along with what's in season where I am, and more likely what's in the pantry and refrigerator.

I've run across The Vegan Coach blog more than once. I like the descriptions and how Sassy changes a meal by changing the sauce. It's a concept that I've shared for years, Sassy spells it out so nicely that I wanted to share it with you.

I have resolved that 2009 will be the year that I work smarter and not harder, so I am going to be sharing more of what others do so that I can focus more on what I do -- provide new and interesting information and videos (check me out on You Tube at TheVQ and feel free to rate my videos) related to vegetarian, vegan and pressure cooking, as well as live teaching and speaking.

I have a number of new classes coming up this year that aren't yet posted to my website but include alternative baking, live foods including fermentation, sprouting and salads and a market to table class. I may blog about them before they ever get posted to my website http://www.theveggiequeen.com/.

I always wish you a healthy and happy day but now it's time to wish you a Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Tracy Reifkind said...

Jill,

Thanks for the blog recommendations, I added A Grain a Day to my favorites, and I have yet to completely navigate through The Vegan Coach, (it's a little overwhelming , so I'm a little resistant).

Although I'm not vegan, or vegetarian, and I'm not interested in changing that, I found myself purchasing Vegetarian Times magazine, over Martha's annual Christmas Cookie issue! The way I cook starts with a vegetables, and then I figure out how to add my protein.

(The only food magazine I might pay full price for previously would be Bon Appetite, I'll pick up past issues of Cook's Illustrated at garage sales!)

The Veggie Queen said...

Tracy, I think that somehow we are related in the magazine dept. although I do have a subscription to Vegetarian Times and really like Cook's Illustrated. But I prefer to buy others at the thrift store for 10 to 25 cents each.

Regarding being vegetarian -- it's so not necessary because you get the fact that it's really about the vegetables. Lots and lots of vegetables. The rest is gravy, as they say.