Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Veggie Queen talks Pressure Cooking on KRCB radio

In just a little while (7 p.m. PST) I will be on air on Mouthful with Michele Anna Jordan, discussing pressure cooking, on KRCB, our local public radio station (90.9 and 91.1). I haven't been on the radio for a while and it should be interesting since what I do and talk about it so visual. Luckily I have a video clip about pressure cooking that's from my DVD featured on my 2nd website. I know that you can also add video here but I haven't yet done it.

Since I just shot a number of segments a couple of weeks ago, I am going to work on getting them on here, and also loading more of them on You Tube. You can find me there at TheVQ.

I hope that if you get a chance you will listen to me live on KRCB. If not, I am going to see if I can get a copy of it and post clips on my website or right here on my blog.

I wish that I were a bit more of a tech nut but I prefer being a kitchen and cooking nut, or just eating nuts to playing with the computer.

Please continue to join me, here and there, as you can.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Hurrah for the YouTube videos! That is exactly what people (well me, anyway) need to feel more confident. I didn't get a chance to view them all yet, but what I really want to see is how much steam/water normally comes out of the vents when something is cooking under pressure. Or what does correct operation look and sound like? Thank you for sharing your experience and expertise.

The Veggie Queen said...

Hi Sharon,

Just to answer your question, before you see it, in the new pressure cookers, there should be very little steam coming out the vents, and it will be almost quiet. If there is steam coming out, in my opinion, you have the heat too high. I hope that this helps you. I want you to use your cooker often.

Anonymous said...

I think the comment about yahoos and midwesterners was unfortunate on your KRCB appearance. Unfortunate because of its classist nature, and its broad, sweeping, unsubstantiated generalizing. Michele's show is podcast much more widely than in your own California backyard. Insulting this midwesterner who eats fresh and local interferes with your good advice.

The Veggie Queen said...

Sandra,

I do apologize for my comment. I know that not everyone is the same. And I suffer from lack of midwest sensibility so therefore I am less polite. Sometimes the New Yorker in me takes over.
It's good to know that people are eating fresh and local in the mid-states. Thank you for setting me straight. You've now found out that I am not perfect (although I have never pretended that I was or am).