Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Veggie Queen Spreads Her Wings

While travel can sometimes be exhausting, it can also be an adventure. And those of you who know me, know that I love an adventure, which is party why the world of vegetables is so exciting.

These days you can get out in the world (at least the cyberworld) without leaving your cozy home by using the computer. You can now find my writing at http://www.vegfamily.com and http://www.boomercoffeehouse.com. I will also be writing for more consumer publications for the rest of year.

Fellow blogger and yoga practitioner, Jenni, wrote about my book The Veggie Queen: Vegetables Get the Royal Treatment on her Hugger Food blog http://huggerfood.blogspot.com/2008/04/veggie-queen.html. She was only the 2nd person to notice and alert me to a mistake in one of the recipes -- the directions for the Roasted Asparagus, Potato and Mushroom Salad are really for a Beet and Asparagus Salad with citrus vinaigrette. If you are one of my lucky email newsletter readers you now have the corrected recipe for the recipe in the book. I think that next month I will send out the Beet and Asparagus Salad.

Last night in my Salads and Salad Dressings class at Santa Rosa Junior College, the students made their own recipes. About one quarter of the class chose beet salads. I find that fascinating.
One of my students used a pressure cooker for the first time to cook whole small to medium beets in less than 15 minutes. She said that it wasn't nearly as scary as she thought that it would be. In fact, it was easy. Hopefully I have another pressure cooking convert.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi Jill - Glad to know you are still teaching! I get hungry just reading your recipes. Cheers! Katie