Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Out of the Mouth of Babes

I overheard this at the farmer's market this past Sunday and it is classic. I suspect that it will make you laugh. I did.

A mother said happily to her young son, sitting in a wagon, "Would you like to plant some Hollyhocks?" as she was holding a plant, intending to purchase it.

He responded with joy and glee, "I want to plant some pollywogs."

I turned to the woman and said, "That's every boy's dream, to plant pollywogs."

We both laughed, as did my 13-year old son Shane. It's always important with children to clarify what you really said.

The 4-year old boy probably had visions of planting pollywogs and shortly thereafter having full grown frogs.

Overhearing and participating in conversations at the farmer's market is often a great form of entertainment.

No comments: