Thursday, March 02, 2006

Delicious is the key

I often struggle with trying to understand why people would want to eat food that is not fresh and delicious. It doesn't matter if it's my morning whole grain toast with sliced avocado and a sprinkling of gomasio or flax seed or my lunch of Thai Ruby Red rice with pressure cooked veggies and tofu with lemongrass, galanga and kaffir lime but my food must taste great. Otherwise why would I waste my calories?

I will admit to not always making the most healthful choices for I am only human (with some glaring imperfections). So when I veer off course I try to make my digressions delicious ones such as locally produced Kahlua truffles or apple spice muffins or Purely Decadent Soy Delicious in a flavor such as Chocolate Brownie Almond.

If you've never tried Soy Delicious from Turtle Mountain here is your chance to get a pint for FREE. Send me an email at jill@theveggiequeen.com and I will give you instructions but you have to do this by Friday, March 17th which is when this offer will expire. And while you are at it, perhaps you'd like to sign up for my email newsletter. Just let me know.

Now, back to more deliciousness. I think that I'm going to warm up my senses, my soul and my body with a batch of Thai Curried Winter Squash soup that a class made last night. For me it ranked near the top of the fresh and delicious scale.

Parting words...Don't waste your time with bland and boring food if that's not how you see your life.

No comments: